The City of Riverside will be having its Community Yard Sale August 3-5, 2018
To participate please forward your name and address to email@example.com or call 937-233-1801 opt 2.
- One week prior to the Community Yard Sale, we will publish a list of all participants on our website and Facebook page.
- Although a permit is not required for this event, you must still follow the requirements of the City’s applicable ordinances.
All garage sales, including patio, basement, yard, estate or block sales shall be in accordance with the following requirements:
- Such sales may be held from 8:00AM to 8:00 PM. Items associated with such sales shall not remain outside an enclosed building after hours.
- No sale may extend for more than 3 consecutive days (or portion thereof).
- Only one (1) garage sale may be conducted by permit on any parcel of property once per quarter of a calendar year.
- No person conducting a garage sale under the provisions of this section shall sell or offer for sale any food or beverage for consumption at a cost to the consumer, unless a permit is obtained in advance from the Board of Health.
- No fee or other charge shall be imposed upon members of the public attending any such sale.
- One non – illuminated sign not exceeding 4 square feet in size, nor more than 4 feet in height above grade may be displayed on the property where the sale is being held.
- Balloons, streamers, special lighting, noise making devices or other similar adverting displays or notices shall not be used to call attention to the garage sale.
- ABSOLUTELY NO SIGNS SHALL BE PLACED ON UTILITY POLES, TREES OR RIGHT-OF-WAYS. ALL SIGNS SHALL BE REMOVED WITHIN 24 HOURS FOLLOWING THE CONCLUSION OF THE SALE.
*THE RIGHT-OF-WAY IS TYPICALLY THE GRASSY AREA LOCATED BETWEEN A SIDEWALK AND THE STREET, OR FROM A UTILITY POLE TO THE STREET. IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF THE LOCATION OF THE RIGHT-OF-WAY, CONTACT OUR OFFICE FOR A MAP
Last modified: July 5, 2018