Why work for the City of Riverside?
The City of Riverside offers a unique blend of “city life” experiences with the community engagement opportunities of a growing mid-sized municipality. Many of the employment positions offered by the City provide our people the chance to routinely interact with the various departments and grow in your professional skills as our City grows.
At the City of Riverside, we understand our employees are our greatest asset. We offer a competitive and comprehensive range of benefits designed to enhance your work-life balance.
- Competitive Compensation: We believe in recognizing and rewarding talent. Our competitive salary packages are designed to reflect the skills and experience you bring to the table.
- Health and Wellness: Your well-being matters to us. Our health insurance plans ensure you have access to quality medical, dental, and vision care. Voluntary benefits and short-term disability options are also available.
- Professional Growth: We’re committed to helping you thrive in your career. The City provides tuition reimbursement to all full-time employees with up to 100% reimbursement based on grades.
- Work-Life Balance: We understand the importance of a work-life balance. The City offers generous paid time off including 12 paid holidays, 3 personal days, 15 sick days, and vacation days that increase with length of service, starting at 10 days per year.
- Retirement Planning: We offer participation in the Ohio Public Employment Retirement System (OPERS) and the Ohio Police and Fire Pension (OP&FP). We also have deferred compensation options available to all employees.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Life can bring unexpected challenges. Our EAP provides confidential counseling and support services to assist you and your family in times of need and is now available in a telehealth format.
- Inclusive and Collaborative Culture: Join a diverse and inclusive team that values collaboration and innovation. Your unique perspective will contribute to a dynamic and enriching work environment.
Be a part of the team that helps run our great city, working for the greater good by providing programs and services to Riverside’s people and businesses.