The City of Riverside’s diverse education opportunities include:
All eight school buildings are modern, safe, secure and state-of-the-art, having been totally rebuilt just a few years ago. They are Ohio Department of Education STEM Designated promote a outstanding preschool program and Special Education curriculum designed to meet the needs of students with disabilities. The Stebbins Career Technology Education program is commended both state and nationally and their Air Force Junior ROTC drill team has earned 18 state championship titles and five national titles!
A few interesting facts about St. Helen School:
- Established in 1954, Accredited by Ohio Catholic School
- Accrediting Association and Reaccredited in 2019
- Member of the Archdioceses of Cincinnati
- First School in the State of Ohio to be certified a Virtue Based Restorative Discipline School
- Preschool Program is rated 5 Stars in Step Up to Quality and a Preschool Promise Partner
- Serves Preschool (part & full time programs available) through 8th grade
- Offers Art, Computers, Music, Library, Physical Education and Spanish
- Clevertouch in all classrooms, K through 8th grade one-to-on Chromebook ratio, laptop cart and tablet cart available for use in individual classrooms, Learning Lab with 24 computers, music room, art room, gym/cafeteria, and playground equipment
- 98% of graduates attend a 4-year or 2-year college after graduation
- Offering 15 AP courses and 16 STEMM courses
- Our students voluntarily contribute @10,000 hours of community service each year to @50 local, national and international organizations
- 22 competitive Varsity sports
- 45 clubs and activities
- Enrollment: 750 students (2015-2016 school year)
- EDCS is a inter-denominational ministry, formed in September 1978, as a home missions outreach of New Life Fellowship.
- East Dayton Christian is not a parochial school but a private school, chartered by the Ohio State Board of Education
- This school is distinctively Christian because it offers education in a positive atmosphere, and approaches all knowledge as part of a Biblical and Christian worldview
- It is an interdenominational school because Administration, Teachers, Staff, Parents, and Students represent many denominations and churches.
Portions of Riverside are also serviced by Huber Heights, Fairborn, Beavercreek, and Dayton Public Schools. Placement in these school districts are determined by the student’s address. If you have any questions about which school district you reside in, do not hesitate to contact Mad River School District or the City of Riverside.
Area colleges and universities offer several hundred different degree programs.