The Riverside City Council voted to create a new Budget Committee to act in an advisory role for annual budget preparation. This committee will be made up of two registered voters from each voting precinct, a primary and an alternate. The Budget Committee is intended to increase transparency, allow for greater citizen input, and create community involvement.
- Review the previous year’s budget
- Communicate the viewpoint of residents as to the extent of services they desire
- Discuss budget issues with those in their respective precinct
- Consider the financial needs of the City against estimated revenues available and offer recommendations on budgeting matters to the City Manager
- Operate in an advisory capacity
Those interested in becoming a member of this Committee and representing your voting precinct should complete the online volunteer application. Applications will be accepted until July 31, 2021. Applicants will be reviewed by City Council during the August 5 Council Meeting.
If you have any questions, please call the City Administration Offices and ask to speak with the Interim City Manager Chris Lohr.
Last modified: July 9, 2021